12 November 2018 initiative group of deminers created nongovernmental organization «Ukrainian Deminers Association». Nowadays, the UDA possesses has all documents according to Ukrainian legislative.
The UDA is a non-profit voluntary organization of individuals established for the purpose of the implementation and protection of human and civil rights and freedoms, satisfaction of the social, in particular, economic, social, cultural, education, environment and other interests of its members and/or other people.
The UDA purpose is to unite existing and former deminers and other specialists of mine action, as well as veterans, in order to protect their legitimate, social, economic, legal and other common interests and rights in state, public bodies, enterprises, institutions and organizations of all forms of ownership.
We have three strategic goals:
- To unite and increase the potential of the best Ukrainian experts in Mine Action.
- To create Uniform National Standards for Mine Action in Ukraine and ensure control over compliance with them.
- Consolidate the efforts of civil society, the state, the media and international partners to create decent working conditions, technical support and protection of Ukrainian deminers.
Our main directions of activities:
- Public control over the mine action in Ukraine;
- Participation in the lawmaking processes of mine action;
- Legal protection of deminers;
- Sharing of information related to mine action;
- Rehabilitation of injured deminers;
- Assistance in the insurance of active deminers;
- Organization (assistance) of training (pre-training) of deminers;
- The 12th of December we provided general meetings of all members of UDA and approved the structure of the organization and the powers of its bodies.
Structure of the organization
Legal address: 01032, city Kyiv, Shevchenkovskiy district, 10 Symona Petliury street, of. № 4.